The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Coast Station covers a huge territory, spanning from Avila Beach out to the County Airport and up the North Coast to the County Line at Ragged Point. Coast Station deputies patrol the towns of Los Osos, Avila Beach, Cayucos, Cambria and San Simeon. This is a sampling of calls from Feb. 17 to March 2.
- Cambria: Deputies stopped a suspicious car at 1:49 p.m. at Hartford and Pineknolls. They arrested the apparently stinky driver.
- Cambria: Someone in the 1700 block of Dreydon reported a burglary at 10:04 p.m. When deputies arrived, they said never mind.
- Cayucos: Deputies were called at 8 p.m. to the 2300 block of Pacific for some undisclosed county code violation. Logs indicated there was no action taken, which is about par for the course in code enforcement.
- Los Osos: Loud party complaints came in at 6:32 p.m. and 8:40 from 6th and Santa Ynez and the 1900 block of Nevada Ct., respectively. No citations were written, which is something to celebrate.
- Cambria: Logs indicated that at 2:06 p.m. at Main and Sheffield a deputy was flagged down by some unnamed citizen for some undisclosed reason, and the deputy was unable to locate whoever the concern was for or about, after a 30 minute investigation.
- Los Osos: Someone in the 400 block of Highland reported a grand theft and then declined to press charges, no doubt a lost item found.
- Los Osos: Deputies responded to a disturbance at 2:45 p.m. in the 1500 block of Nipomo. They started a report on a battery charge.
- Los Osos: Deputies broke up a domestic disturbance and started a crime report in the 1100 block of Ramona at 7:15 a.m.
- SLO: Coroner’s investigators responded to Sierra Vista Hospital on Murray at 6:50 p.m. after someone died, and not to be left out, they went to French Hospital on Johnson at 9:17 for another death to be investigated.
- Cayucos: Deputies responded at 2:16 p.m. to two reported burglaries in the 2700 block of Santa Barbara. Logs indicated they caught the suspected larcenous scoundrel.
- Los Osos: Someone reported a swizzle stick traipsing along the 1500 block of El Morro, but he’d apparently weaved his way home before they got there.
- SLO-LO: Sheriff’s deputies paid visits on seven local probationers scattered across Los Osos and three in the boonies of San Luis Obispo. None of the rascals were violated and arrested.
- Cayucos-Cambria: Deputies conducted several more probation checks on regular customers, this time it was six in Cayucos and three in Cambria, no doubt answering the neighbors’ questions of “Why are the cops here?” None of the malefactors were arrested.
- Cambria: At 7:46 a.m. someone in the 500 block of Cambridge reported the neighbor’s door was open. Nothing was apparently afoul and deputies closed the case.
- Los Osos: Vandals struck in the 400 block of Manzanita. A crime report was filed.
- County Jail: Logs indicated a crime report was begun at the County Jail for PC 502 C1, defined as: “(1) Knowingly accesses and without permission alters, damages, deletes, destroys, or otherwise uses any data, computer, computer system, or computer network in order to either (A) devise or execute any scheme or artifice to defraud, deceive, or extort, or (B) wrongfully control or obtain money, property, or data” no doubt the latest twist in the Mueller investigation…
- San Simeon: Suspicious circumstances were reported at 4 p.m. in the 9000 block of Castillo and a crime report was begun, with arrests no doubt imminent.
- Cayucos: A domestic dustup in progress involving a juvenile offender was reported at 9:44 p.m. in the 3200 block of Shearer. When deputies arrived 15 minutes later, no one wanted to press charges.
- Cayucos: Deputies responded at 5:32 p.m. to a report of illegal entry to a residence in the 2700 block of Richard and some juvenile hooligan was arrested.
- Cayucos: A burglar alarm at 8:46 a.m. in the 500 block of S. Ocean got one deputy’s shift off to a fruitless start, as it was a malarm. Another malarm sent the same deputy racing up to the 3100 block of Rogers in Cambria by 9:12. After that, a malarm in the 7400 block of Exotic Garden Dr., Cambria was his third of the day. At 11:56 a.m. his fourth call was a trespassing report about some juvenile miscreant in the 6500 block of Moonstone Beach Dr., Cambria. That caller also didn‘t want to file a report. At 12:40 p.m. he was up in San Simeon following up on a previous case in the 9400 block of Avonne. A 2:09 he followed up on another matter in the 600 block of Main, Cambria, again with no report to file. At 3, the alarm went off again at the same place on Exotic Garden Drive. At 3:19 p.m. he was back in San Simeon following up on another previous case, this time in the 9200 block of Balboa.
- Cayucos: Deputies contacted a suspicious subject at 12:13 a.m. on Ocean Front at D Street. The apparent stumblebum was cited and released to wend his way home.
- Cayucos: Someone reported a battery in progress at 3:08 p.m. in the 100 block of D St. involving juveniles. One apparent bully was arrested for suspicion of battery.
- Los Osos: Deputies pulled over a suspicious vehicle in the 1300 block of 6th at 10:30 a.m. They arrested the driver for some undisclosed transgression.
- Los Osos: Vandalism was reported in the 1200 block of 14th and the 1500 block of 9th.
- Los Osos: Deputies spied a suspicious subject walking at 10 p.m. on 2nd Street at Santa Ysabel and arrested him or her no doubt a case of drunk man walkin’.
- Cayucos: Deputies responded to a reported spousal abuse case at 2:45 p.m. at B and Birch. A crime report was taken.
- Cambria: Someone in the 1700 block of Dovedale called at 5:55 p.m. to report an assault with a deadly weapon in progress with a juvenile offender. An arrest was made.
- SLO: At 4:50 p.m. deputies were sent to the 100 block of Madonna for another battery by juvenile and they made another arrest.
- Los Osos: A crime of undisclosed severity was reported in the 2300 block of Cimarron Way, and the Cisco Kid responded.
- Avila Beach: A burglar alarm sounded at 12:14 a.m. in the 3900 block of Avila Beach Dr. It was canceled before deputies arrived, but then they spotted a suspicious vehicle on Avila Beach Drive at 12:42 a.m. and since they were in the area, pulled it over and arrested the driver, so it wasn’t a total waste of time and gasoline.
- Cambria: Deputies spied an apparently crooked fellow walking down the 800 block of Main and stopped him for a chat. He was cited and released, no word on why or what for?
- San Simeon: Some concerned citizen called at 4 p.m. to have deputies check the welfare of someone in the 9500 block of Avonne. A deputy arrived to the scene at 4:51 p.m. and couldn’t find the person, who is apparently also now lost.
- County Jail: Deputies re-arrested an inmate in the County lock up, a bit like shootin’ fish in a barrel don’t-cha think?
- Los Osos: Someone called at 1:15 p.m. to report a fight at 10th and Santa Ynez. A deputy arrived within 4 minutes. No one wanted to press charges, and the fight was unofficially declared a draw.
- Los Osos: Deputies contacted a wandering fellow at 2:30 a.m. in the 2000 block of Palisades but let the dude go.
- Los Osos: A domestic dispute was reported at 7:24 p.m. in the 800 block of San Luis Ave. An arrest was made and peace restored, for a while.
- Morro Bay: Deputies took a burglary report from someone at South Bay Boulevard and State Park Road.
- Cambria: Someone called at 10:36 a.m. to report a trespasser in the 2200 block of Center St. Deputies caught the interloper and checked him or her into the Parkinson Plaza.
- Avila Beach: Someone called at 8:22 p.m. from the first block of Avila Beach Dr., to check the welfare of some suspicious person. He or she was arrested, so has no doubt had better nights.
- Cambria: Deputies will investigate a report of suspected child abuse in the 700 block of Huntington.
- Los Osos: Someone reported getting threats at 9:07 p.m. in the 1100 block of 15th. Deputies investigated the situation but no report was filed.