The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Coast Station covers a huge territory, spanning from Avila Beach out to the County Airport and up the North Coast to the County Line at Ragged Point. Coast Station deputies patrol the towns of Los Osos, Avila Beach, Cayucos, Cambria and San Simeon. This is a sampling of calls from March 18-31.
• Los Osos: Deputies responded at 12:09 a.m. to a report of a battery involving juvenile ruffians in the 2100 block of Willow Dr. A crime report was taken and no doubt filed.
• San Luis Obispo: Deputies responded at 7:41 a.m. to the 800 block of Via Laguna Vista and arrested a juvenile delinquent for suspicion of burglary.
• SLO: A disturbance was reported at 1:22 a.m. in the 1300 block of South Hwy 101. Deputies arrested the problem.
• Los Osos: Deputies contacted a suspicious pedestrian at 6:18 p.m. at Los Olivos and Fairchild Way. Logs indicated they arrested the apparently felonious fellow.
• Los Osos: At 5:47 p.m. someone reported suspected criminal activity at the Community Park on Palisades.
• County Jail: Custody deputies at the Parkinson Plaza began a crime report for some nefarious activity in the lock up.
• Avila Valley: Some scoundrel burgled a bungalow in the 6900 block of Avila Valley Dr.
• San Simeon: Deputies have begun investigating an undisclosed crime of unknown magnitude and impact in the 9200 block of Balboa.
• Cambria: A petty theft was committed by some petty crook in the 2100 block of Main St.
• Los Osos: Deputies responded at 12:13 a.m. to a disturbance in the 2000 block of 10th St. Logs indicated the arrested a juvenile for suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, not a firearm.
• SLO: Deputies responded at 10 a.m. to the 1700 block of See Canyon Rd., to a report of attempted burglary, as the Gang that Couldn’t Shoot Straight apparently strikes again.
• Cambria: Deputies were called at 1:44 p.m. to the 2100 block of Main to quell some brewing disturbance. A crime report was begun.
• County Jail: Criminal activity was suspected, and these days perhaps expected at the County Jail. A crime report was begun, and suspects are no doubt plentiful. And at 7:57 p.m. the Bomb Detail was called to the County House of Horrors. It was apparently a dud.
• Cambria: Someone at Hwy 1 and Green Valley Rd., had a traffic complaint (don’t we all) and asked a deputy to responded at 12:14 p.m. No report was done, as the complaining apparently was more of a venting.
• County Jail: The inmates were restless once again, and battery was charged in the lock up.
• Cambria: At 3:55 p.m. deputies went on “foot patrol” through Rodeo Grounds Road, a notorious hang out for yahoos.
• SLO: Deputies responded at 10:42 p.m. to a reported attempted burglary in the 1200 block of Prospect St., no word on prospects for an arrest.
• County Jail: Deputies started a crime report for vandalism in the County B&B.
• Los Osos: Some crook committed petty theft in the 1800 block of 12th.
• Los Osos: At 3:11 a.m. someone in the 1300 block of 2nd asked deputies to check the welfare of a suspicious subject. Logs indicated they couldn’t find the person, so now he’s apparently lost too.
• Los Osos: Someone reported a disturbance at 9:20 p.m. in the 1200 block of LOVR. Logs indicated deputies arrested one rowdy reveler.
• Cambria: Someone called at 2:34 p.m. from the 2800 block of Ascot Ct., to report illegal entry, as in trespassing.
• Los Osos: Someone in the 1600 block of LOVR reported illegal trash dumping, and a task force was no doubt formed.
• Los Osos: Deputies contacted a suspicious fellow traipsing down Fairchild at Los Olivos and logs indicated they arrested the swizzle stick.
• Cayucos: Someone in the first block of Cayucos Drive reported a theft, as tourist season gets started early this year.
• Los Osos: A burglary was reported in the 1000 block of LOVR.
• County Jail: Yet another battery was reportedly committed in the County Jail. No word on the carnage wrought.
• Los Osos: A citizen called at 4:400 p.m. to report suspected criminal activity. A crime report was begun for the undisclosed indiscretion.
• Los Osos: Another petty theft was reported in the 1000 block of LOVR, as the sticky-fingered fiends strike again.
• Cambria: Vandals struck in the 1800 block of Chester Ln.
• Harmony: A citizen in the 2100 block of Old Creamery Rd., reported a burglary, as the harmony of Harmony gets disharmonious.
• Los Osos: Someone reported at 1:10 p.m. a case of “suspicious circumstances” in the 2000 block of Ferrell Ave. Logs indicated someone was arrested but not who, or why.
• Cambria: Deputies stopped an apparently suspicious fellow walking at noon in the 800 block of Main Street. The person was arrested for some undisclosed crime of the century.
• Morro Bay: At 10:15 p.m. someone at an old folks home — sorry, assisted living center — in the 1400 block of Teresa Dr., reported a disturbance and deputies responded to back up MBPD.
• Los Osos: Vandalism was reported in the 1500 block of El Morro. Another petty theft was reported in the 1000 block of LOVR.
• SLO: At 9:48 p.m. someone had a conniption at the County Airport, no doubt trying to figure out the parking lot.
• Cambria: Deputies spied suspected criminal activity at 12:16 p.m. in the area of Bridge and Main. Logs indicated they arrested some sneaky fellow.
• SLO: Deputies were called at 8:48 a.m. to the 5400 block of Edna Rd., for a reported vandalism.
• County Jail: Yet another case of suspected battery was recorded at the County Jail & Fight Club.